Wednesday, July 4, 2012

EAP1620Lunawahnonbenayoun judaism

Luna Wahnon Benayoun
EAP 1620
Reading 6
July 4, 2012
Judaism
Movie: Trails of world religions
Produced by: SWR and Deutsehe Wille Transted.
1) What are the values that are admired?
Six million Jews lived in United States. More Jews lived in the rest of the world than in Israel. The majority of them speak English or another language and most of them don’t speak Hebrew at all. Israel a small nation within different nations. Jews have a country but the majority don’t live there. Jews have been persecuted through the time. However I think the most admirable condition they have is that Israel has remained as a nation despite the adverse condition that they had to face.

2) How people interact with one another?
People interact with one another like a brotherhood. Some Jews are Orthodox another group are Reformists, and others are conservationists, but they have something in common, they share a common destiny. The base of this destiny is the interactions between three elements: people of Israel, land of Israel and the religious of Israel.

3) How is the culture similar or different from mine?
The culture of Israel is my culture. I am an Orthodox Jew. My way of thinking and conducting myself is in accordance with the Bible( Torah) which is Jews’ religious laws that regulate human behavior.

4) What did you learn about the culture from watching the movie?
I learned that the tolerance is the main element in the union between the people of Israel. Consequently, if all the people around the world are more tolerant with one another we will have a world full of peace.

5)      Would you like to visit the country? Explain your answer.
I would like to visit Israel because it is the land of my forefathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the nation of the Bible (Torah). Moreover, the land that G-D promised to Abraham. Therefore, Israel is joined to my roots, my history and my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment